VOLUNTEERING & INTERNSHIPS
The home welcomes everybody (interested in volunteering, doing an internship for your studies, doing a long term or short term mission) and would like to offer their services to the project at any time all year round.
We provide a home stay program at a fee which gives volunteers the opportunity to stay in our home. interested person or groups need to inform us at least a month or earlier and receive an approval before coming.
a. For Domestic Volunteers: We welcome individuals and groups to come whenever possible to Green Village Hope Children Centre.
b. For International Volunteers: We have accommodations available for you.
c. For those willing to do short ( ranging between 2 weeks to 2 months) or long term( above two months) missions to the home a small fee is charged.
Volunteer work typically involves:
- Teaching the school going children and helping them to do their homework after school
- keeping the children busy and organizing educational and recreational activities for them (games, art, music, crafts etc.)
- Helping to keep the children’s home clean.
- Helping with the administration work.
- Basic chores such as cooking, washing of dishes, laundry, building structures etc.
- Helping the children to learn common courtesies, moral education etc.
- Making suggestions to the home manager for improvement